Home – Academy Agreement
Reviewed by governors: 29th September 2021
All parties named in the agreement will strive to maintain the content of agreement in the best interests of every student.
Following the school values of showing we care, being our best self and doing what matters most will ensure we succeed together:
Co-op Academy Grange will:
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for students to enjoy learning and achieve their full potential
- provide a consistently high standard of teaching
- ensure students have the best possible education by providing a suitable curriculum and individual support
- provide parents / carers with regular reports and opportunity for discussion about their child’s progress
- set regular homework
- contact home to acknowledge students’ successes
- contact home if there are concerns about students’ behaviour, progress or attendance
- contact home immediately if students are to be retained for more than 15 minutes after the end of the academy day
- provide a wide variety of extracurricular activities, trips and residential visits.
Parents / Carers will:
- Support our values and behaviours
- ensure your child attends school, on time, with a minimum of 97% attendance
- Inform us on the first day in the event of any absence
- Support our policy of holidays and extended family trips not being taken during term time.
- attend meetings concerning the education and well-being of your child
- provide correct contact details and update us if they change
- ensure that your child completes all work set by the academy, including home learning
- provide a suitable environment for your child to work at home so they can complete home learning to a high standard
- support your child’s organisation by helping them bring the correct learning equipment needed for the day
- support the academy’s policies and regulations on behaviour and uniform including same day after-school detentions, with a latest finish time being of 5.30 pm after communication from the academy
- support your child in participating in extracurricular activities, trips and residential visits
Students will ensure that they:
- work hard, live by our values and follow the learning habits in every lesson and around the academy – be ready, respectful and safe
- attend regularly, arrive on time, wear the correct uniform and bring the correct equipment
- ensure mobile phones/devices are not seen/heard on school premises.
- behave responsibly both at the academy and travelling to and from the academy
- complete all home learning to the highest standard and hand it in on time
- treat all adults and students with respect
- be polite at all times and open the door to let an adult through first
- respect the academy building and equipment and keep our school environment free from graffiti, litter and chewing gum
- do not undermine the safety of others
- take letters and messages home and deliver them to their families
- check their email daily
- take an active part in the academy life including extra curricular activities, clubs, teams
Failure to keep to the Agreement will result in disciplinary action and ultimately a loss of place at Co-op Academy Grange.