Getting the most from Home Learning
Home Learning helps you progress by 5 months. It’s such a vital part of your learning, so we’ve got some tips to help you get the most from it.
What will I be working on?
- Tasks will be set in each subject
- Find out what to expect in – Year 7 and 8, Year 9, Year 10 and 11
- It’ll usually be Google Classroom and gcsepod
- If nothing has been set, spend 25 minutes revising from your knowledge organisers
- A nice quiet space
- Clear a space on your desk or table
- A computer and internet
What can parents do?
- Help make sure your children have a quiet space to complete their home learning
- Help make sure they’ve got the equipment they need
- Check in and find out what Home Learning activities your children are doing
- Help your children to write a timetable to manage their time and encourage other good study habits
- Grow a collection of books – a dictionary and thesaurus are a great start. Use the school or local library to borrow reading books
- Encourage your children to read everyday