Do you want to have a positive impact on young people’s lives? Are you looking to share your knowledge and experience to help children make academic recovery following the Covid pandemic?
We’re looking for Academic Mentors in a variety of subjects to join our team until July 2022.
- As an Academic Coach you will improve student achievement in your area of expertise, with particular focus on the progress of disadvantaged and SEND students. You will provide individual or small group instruction to students who are below target and monitor, report, and communicate student progress and performance. You will help open doors for their future.
- This post would suit someone who holds a degree or is currently studying a postgraduate qualification in education or is already an experienced teacher or tutor.
- This role is flexible in terms of hours, A candidate looking for full term will work 32 hours per week, term time + 5 days.
- Successful candidates will have great behaviours, strong organisational skills, the ability to collaborate effectively, and be able to work constructively as part of a team.
- How and why you do things matters greatly to us, as does your ability to use your initiative, work independently and demonstrate ambition and integrity.
- You’ll do all this whilst capturing the spirit of our vision and values and role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours.
(Actual working hours will be discussed in the recruitment process and will be determined by the Academy. This will be based on working 32 hours per week, term time only plus 5 days. Flexibility will be required in relation to your exact start/finish times to ensure the needs of The Trust are met)
INTERESTED? For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Should you have any questions in regards to this role, or would like an informal discussion with the manager please contact Human Resources in the first instance via email:
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty seven academies in Leeds, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
You’ll join a talented staff team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our ‘Requires Improvement’ school (Ofsted January 2019), joining a highly motivated and forward-thinking staff team and contributing to our next level of successful development. Ofsted has judged that the school has improved after much hard work from the staff and students over the past two and a half years. Co-op Academy Grange are already working hard and looking to improve on the feedback given in the recent report. You can read the full report here: http://www.southfieldgrange.org.uk/grange-ofsted. Get on board now because Co-op Academy Grange is back on track and going places. Following the merger with the Co-op Academies Trust, on 1 June 2019, this is such an exciting time to join us and make your mark on this journey.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Grange
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/Continuing professional development
Co-op Academy Grange is an inspiring place to work and learn and as part of the Co-op Academies Trust, aims to secure excellence in all aspects of its work. We’re a larger than average inner-city academy, the largest school in south Bradford, within the Little Horton ward (BD5). 45% of households are described as either D- working class or E – non-working. 42% of properties have three or more bedrooms. The largest ethnic group is Pakistani at 43% (Bradford 20%) and second largest white British at 15% (Bradford 64%). 17% of people living in Bradford were born outside the UK. The 2011 census identifies 80% of homes in BD5 having one or more deprivation dimensions. Bradford authority identifies a clear correlation between wards with high deprivation and a lack of positive outcomes across a range of measures. We’re a highly inclusive school fully committed to improving a range of outcomes for our students. We make a real difference to the lives of our students and welcome applications from others who wish to join us in this important work.
Closing Date: 9 am, 19 January 2022
Recruitment Date: to be confirmed
“Co-op Academies Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.”
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
Should you have any questions in regards to this role, or would like an informal discussion with the manager please contact Human Resources in the first instance via email: email@example.com