We have immediate vacancies for Attendance Support Assistant(s) to join the Attendance Team at Co-op Academy Grange. You’ll support the overarching aim of improving student attendance by being a member of the Attendance Team.
General administration and clerical duties as directed by the Attendance Manager; including tasks such as;
Based in Bradford, West Yorkshire this is an exciting opportunity for someone to join us, as our Attendance Officer;
- You’ll track attendance and punctuality for individual students and for this group of students using the school’s database and to proactively intervene when there are issues with punctuality and truancy, including home visits and bringing students to school.
- You’ll conduct regular one-to-one discussions with every Pupil Premium pupil for whom attendance (including persistent absenteeism and internal/external truancy) from school is identified as an issue.
- You’ll obtain and record and analyse information from students, form tutors, the SENDCO, Achievement Leaders, pastoral staff and from any other agencies regarding the attendance patterns of pupils.
- You’ll provide the Attendance Manager with progress reports on pupil attendance.
- You’ll ensure administrative tasks are managed to allow for effective communication, recording and reporting of behaviour and attendance related matters.
You’ll have experience of working with young people and have knowledge of relevant practices and procedures including methods of attendance management. Whilst not essential, experience of working within an educational setting would be desirable. You’ll have GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
For further detailed information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-nine academies in Leeds, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor
You’ll join a talented staff team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our ‘Requires Improvement’ school (Ofsted January 2019), joining a highly motivated and forward-thinking staff team and contributing to our next level of successful development. Ofsted has judged that the school has improved after much hard work from the staff and students over the past two and a half years. Co-op Academy Grange are already working hard and looking to improve on the feedback given in the recent report. You can read the full report here: http://www.southfieldgrange.org.uk/grange-ofsted. Get on board now because Co-op Academy Grange is back on track and going places. Following the merger with the Co-op Academies Trust, on 1 June 2019, this is such an exciting time to join us and make your mark on this journey.
What we offer:
• Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
• Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
• Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
• Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Grange
• A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
• Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
• Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/Continuing professional development
At Co-op Academy Grange 83% have an EAL profile, 42% are pupil premium and there is a key stage 2 average scale score of 102 so there is huge potential in our yearly intake of 300 students to improve progress and raise achievement. We’re a highly inclusive school fully committed to improving a range of outcomes for our students. We make a real difference to the lives of our students and welcome applications from others who wish to join us in this important work.
Ofsted has judged that the school has improved after much hard work from the staff and students. Co-op Academy Grange are working hard and looking to continually improve on the feedback given in the 2019 Ofsted report. We’re a highly inclusive school fully committed to improving a range of outcomes for our students. We make a real difference to the lives of our students and welcome applications from others who wish to join us in this important work.
“Co-op Academies Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.”
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.