- Contract type - Permanent - 37 hours per week Monday to Friday inclusive. 39 weeks per year - Term time plus five training days (you’ll be paid in 12 monthly instalments)
- Salary range - SCP 26 -28 £26,431 - £27,979 (Current Actual Salary)
- Location - Bradford - Co-op Academy Grange
- Closing date - January 30, 2022
As School Counsellor at Co-op Academy Grange, you’ll:
- provide a high-quality counselling service to students experiencing a wide range of social and emotional problems.
- be able to use a different range of recognised approaches with students.
- provide support, guidance and advice to parents, carers and the school.
- observe confidentiality and support the school’s endeavour to provide good teaching and learning for all students.
You’ll have qualifications in counselling and mentoring – NVQ Level 4 or equivalent (or have significant experience) including GCSE English and Maths equivalent.
You’ll be able to demonstrate successful experience of working with young people and have excellent knowledge of legislation/procedures in relation to safeguarding children and young people. With thorough knowledge of the local and national Mental Health provision, relevant Health & Safety issues and experience of working in a school environment.
You’ll have excellent organisational and communication skills to enable planning, prioritising and delivering of work to tight deadlines and have the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders. You’ll be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in school alongside another Counsellor.
For further detailed information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. Should you have any questions in regards to this role, or would like an informal discussion with the manager please contact Human Resources in the first instance on 01274 779662, or vial email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-eight academies in West Yorkshire, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
You’ll join a talented staff team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to:
Closing date: midnight, Sunday 30th January 2022 with the recruitment day anticipated to be in early February..
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- a welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/Continuing professional development
Co-op Academies Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
Should you have any questions regarding the role, or would like an informal discussion with the manager please contact Human Resources in the first instance via email: email@example.com